Brown and blue

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jackson James Fausch

Well the big day finally came, and it was 6 days early.  Thank goodness! We were so ready for our little man to get here! Here's how it happened...

On Tuesday March 22, I woke up multiple times during the night in pain. Then the entire day Tuesday I was having contractions.  They would go from being 8 minutes apart to 5 to 10 then to even 20 minutes apart.  Then would go back to about 8 minutes. I called the doctor and they told me, that because the contractions are not consistent I am not in labor.  It is still just braxton hicks contractions and it could still be a couple of days.  I was so disappointed.  I thought for sure it was going to happen today. 

I tried to go about my day but the contractions continued and were really painful.  I did anything I could to keep my mind off of them but it was useless!!! Finally 5 o'clock came around and Josh came home.  I was still having contractions about 8 minutes apart, so we decided to go have dinner with our neighbors.  (what else were we going to do?!?) 

While at dinner, the contractions seemed to get closer and closer together and I could barely think or talk.  Meanwhile there tornado warnings all over and it has begun to downpour.  I finally decide I can't take it any more and need to go home.  At this point it is hailing and raining so much the streets are flooding.  (we had walked to our neighbors) 

They drove us up to our driveway and we still got drenched!!!  Josh packed up the car and we were off to the hospital.  On the way we had to drive through standing water and it was raining so hard you could hardly see. It felt like Josh was driving 20 mph. 

We finally got to the hospital and they checked, I was still only dialated to 2 cm.  This is the same as I was the week before when I went in for my check up.  They said they were going to wath me for a couple hours and then may send me home.  I almost panicked, I couldn't imagine going back home and having to deal with this much pain all night long!

We watched the Biggest Loser and paced around our room for the next 2 hours.  When the nurse came to check me again I had progressed enough they decided to keep me.  She gave me a dose of some pain killers which made things better and at about 11:45 my water broke.  I got an epidural and it was all great from there! 

We tried sleeping but that was pretty useless!  At about 4:45 they checked again and the baby was right there.  I started pushing a little after 5 and at 5:29 a.m, little Jackson James Fausch was born.

He weighed 6lbs 4oz and was 20 inches long. 

We were so excited and over joyed!  Jackson had gotten a little fluid in his lungs and had to be put on oxygen for about 30 minutes.  Other than that everything went great and we couldn't be happier to have him home!  He is a perfect baby, only getting up 2 times during the night!!!

1 comment:

the carlson's said...

yeah!! Congratulations Josh and Lindsey!! So excited for you!!! Can't wait to meet him...well have to stop by sometime to see you all before you head away!