Brown and blue

Monday, December 20, 2010

You want me to move where?

Earlier this fall, Josh was working on the 3rd shift to help with a sprayer going into production. We would see each other briefly as he would be getting home from work and I would be on my way out the door to work. 

One morning he calls and asks if I would be home for a while because his boss's boss had pulled him into his office and he had something he needed to talk to me about.  I immediately feel sick to my stomach, thinking the worst. 

When he got home he tells me that he has been asked if he would be interested in taking a position in Horst.  Horst, where there heck is that?  It is in the Netherlands. Instantly, I tear up.  We talk for a while and basically come to the conclusion, that this is something that you can't say no to.  Keep in mind this is 7 AM and I now have to go off to work.  How am I going to get anything done?

I cried pretty much the entire way to work. I can't believe it, what terrible timing.  We're going to have a baby and they want us to move half way around the country.  Needless to say, I didn't get much work done that day!

After much waiting over the next few weeks, we find out that yes this is a for sure thing and Josh's work would like us to move over to the Netherlands in January.  He will go from being an engineer to a supervisor of engineers.  So not only is this a chance of a life time but this is a promotion as well.

So what does this mean for us?  It means that we pack up two 3 X 3 boxes, a couple suitcases, and our dog, and leave our house and cars here.  We will be there for about 18 months.

It is now late December and Josh has been traveling back and forth to Horst and we still do not have much more information. So far from his time over there, he seems to really like it.  All of the people are very nice and the country is beautiful. 

During his most recent trip, he received his first official document stating that the approval is in the works and the immigration process can take any where from 1 to 4 months. 

Now what, well we continue to wait. I am no longer working.  We are getting all of the babies things bought and set up for the baby room here.  We may or may not be having the baby here depending on the timing of everything.  Josh will continue to travel back and forth until the whole process is complete usually a week or 10 days at a time.

More to come...

No comments: