Brown and blue

Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Grandpa

Mother's Day 2013
Hard to believe it's almost been 6 months since we lost my grandpa.  It feels like yesterday and for some reason tonight I just can't get him off my mind.

To the man that said I sure hope I make it until September to meet our new baby boy.  Unfortunately, he didn't get to meet him here but I know he is looking down on us and our sweet baby Zachary Lyle.  Lyle named after him. 

To the man who never owned a computer and never sent an email. Instead he chose to handwrite letters to keep in touch. What a great surprise during the two years we lived in the Netherlands to find a real letter in the mailbox. 

To the man who loved to tell a story and share with you the hardships and great joys in his life by writing a column for a newspaper for nearly 20 years.  In the first article he wrote I am doing this so my great grandchildren will have something to remember me by.  I'm so thankful he did and I'm so happy we have both of the books he had published to share with our children some day. 

To the man the had the best giggle around, I can still hear it and smile.

To the man that could put down a one pound Hershey's bar like it was his job. 

To one of the sweetest men around, we sure do miss you.

Until we meet again.

No comments: